Review requests are currently closed unless I have previously reviewed a book of yours.
Thank you for your interest in sending me your book to review! Before you send a request, please keep the following in mind.
I will consider reviewing books of most genres, but prefer those that are YA and in the following genres:
- Historical fiction
- Mysteries/thrillers (can be adult or YA)
There are, however, a few genres that I will not consider reading. So if your book fits into any of the following genres, I’m probably not the right blogger for you:
- Religious inspiration
- Erotica (or any romance with a lot of sex scenes/very graphic sex scenes)
- Graphic novels
In each review I include the title, author, book cover, a rating from one to five (see scale below), release date (US), publisher, length (according to Goodreads), genre, links to the Amazon (US), B&N, Book Depository, and Goodreads pages; source, book synopsis (from Goodreads), and of course, my thoughts. The way I typically rate is:
- 5 stars – I LOVED THIS BOOK. One of my favorite reads and I highly recommend it.
- 4 stars – I really liked and enjoyed this book. I would probably recommend it to people with similar tastes in books.
- 3 stars – I liked this book, but it wasn’t anything spectacular. There were things that I liked but also things that I didn’t like or felt could be improved. I may or may not recommend it.
- 2 stars – Eh. There were a couple things I liked, but not many. A lot of room for improvement. I probably wouldn’t recommend it.
- 1 star – I did not like this book at all and I would not recommend it. (DNFs usually get 1-star ratings.)
I give half stars if I feel a book is somewhere in the middle.
Please keep in mind that regardless of how I receive a book, I always review it honestly. Please do not be upset if I agree to review your book and end up giving it a negative review. In the event that I do not like your book, I will still do my best to review it fairly and provide constructive criticism.
If you are an author/publisher and would like me to review your book, please get in touch with me (you can email me at email@example.com). I will likely not respond to requests that I’m not interested in to save myself some time. If you haven’t heard from me within a week or so, it’s probably safe to assume I’m not interested at this time – but please feel free to contact me again in the future with requests!
Things to include in your request:
- Title and description of book
- If it is already published or is an upcoming release (if it’s an upcoming release, please also include publication date)
- If you have a specific timeframe you need/want the review posted by
- If you’d like me to send you a link to my review when it is posted
I do prefer to receive physical copies, but I will accept digital copies as well (especially if you are located outside the US – I understand international shipping is expensive!). If you are providing me with a digital copy, please make sure that it is Mobi format so that I can read it on my Kindle. If you provide a physical copy, it may be featured on my Instagram and I may prioritize it over other review copies I’ve received.
I am also open to doing other types of posts – interviews, cover reveals, guest posts, etc. I’m not interested in spotlights (sorry, I just find them boring) or posts that are unrelated to books. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just briefly describe what you had in mind for the post and any other additional information you find relevant and I’ll let you know if I’m interested. I stated this previously, but in case you missed it: I will likely not respond to requests that I’m not interested in just to save me some time. If you haven’t heard from me within a week or so, it’s probably safe to assume I’m not interested this time – but please feel free to contact me again in the future with requests!
If you have any unanswered questions, feel free to contact me. Thank you!