Hello, everyone! It’s time for another Around the Blogosphere post. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this feature I do, this is a way for me to spread the blogger love. Once a month I highlight some recent blog posts from other bloggers that I particularly enjoyed and I talk a little bit about my thoughts on the post. I love to help people find new blogs to check out and possibly follow and what better way to do it than share some of my favorite posts?
- Mikaela does these wonderful monthly recommendation posts where she talks about some backlist titles you might like based on recent releases. She put one together during July and I’m definitely going to be checking out some of the books she recommended, especially for fans of Queens of Geek, THUG, and Nemesis (by Brendan Reichs, not Anna Banks) which are all some of my favorite books so far this year.
- Nikki did a post about blogging schedules. She talks a bit about how they can be hard to really stick to and gives some advice on how to make schedules work for you. I think this will be really comforting and helpful to those of you who are still struggling to find a schedule that works for you and/or come up with one at all!
- Holly wrote a post about how frustrating it is when people judge us for what we like to read. I’m sure a lot of you can relate to this, especially all of my fellow young adult readers. We should celebrate reading, regardless of preferred forms/genres/age ranges/etc.
- Cam did a lovely and wonderful post on sex in books. If you’re uncomfortable with talking about sex, you might want to skip this post, but otherwise, I really recommend giving it a read. Cam talks about some of the problems with sex scenes in books, including not promoting safe sex, misinformation in the scenes, or depicting unrealistic expectations of sex. Seriously, it’s a really great post.
- Aimal wrote a really fantastic and well thought-out post on why pushing for more diverse books is not simply a “trend,” but is a form of activism. I can’t possibly summarize this post in a couple of sentences and do it justice, so please just go read it! It’s long but absolutely worth the time.
That’s all I have for this Around the Blogosphere! I honestly could’ve included a few more posts, but I try to stick to around 5 so that it doesn’t get too long for those of you who like to read all the posts I link to. In any case, I hope you enjoy checking out these posts!