Buckle up kids because this is going to be one VERY LONG POST.
I got a little lazy last month and never did my May book haul post like I usually do. Originally I decided I would just skip it until I remembered that I actually got a pretty big order of books from Amazon, as I ended up with $80 in Amazon gift cards after graduating college. With that order, I got some books that I’d been really wanting to buy for awhile and that I’m excited about, so I’m going to include that haul in here as well as my June haul and the ebooks I bought in May. I’m not going to include other physical books I got during May because, quite honestly, I don’t remember what else I got and I’m too lazy to try and figure it out.
If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen me tweet about a couple of awesome book sales I went to during June. First, my library had their annual summer book sale where most books are only $1-2. This was a successful trip for me, as I ended up walking away with several books and all were books that I actually had on my TBR. Then a couple of weeks later, a town nearby had their library book sale and that was a $5 bag sale which, if you don’t know, means you pay $5 to fill a bag with books. Anything you can fit in the bag, you can take. It was amazing. My bag actually ended up ripping because I had so many books stuffed in there, haha. On top of all of that, I also won a pretty big giveaway with some awesome books (and admittedly some not-so-awesome books – you’ll see what I mean). I had taken some pictures of all of these, but I’m not really happy with how they came out. Plus there were so many books, I would’ve had to fit in several pictures just for you to be able to see them all, so I’m just going to list them. I hope that’s not too boring for you. 😉 I might share some of the pictures on my bookstagram which has been horribly neglected (I haven’t posted there in 2 months!). Anyway, let’s actually look at the books:
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Every Day by David Levithan
- The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
- These are the five books that I got at my library’s book sale. Like I said, I think I only paid $10 for all five of these and these were all books that I genuinely wanted to read and had on my TBR. I was very, very happy to find these at the sale. Most of these are adult because the YA selection at their sales are always really hit-or-miss and there wasn’t much I wanted this time around.
- Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
- Endangered by Eliot Schrefer
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
- These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
- When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- Those are the books that I ordered in my big Amazon haul. I’ve already read Queens of Geek and Girl Out of Water but I loved them and wanted to have my own copies. The rest are all new books to me and I’m very excited to have them!
- The Hidden Child by Camilla Lackberg
- What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman
- A Mercy by Toni Morrison
- All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
- The Awakening and Selected Short Stories by Kate Chopin
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Trance by Linda C. Gerber
- Aurelia by Anne Osterlund
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- Seed by Rob Ziegler
- Vampires: The Occult Truth by Konstantinos
- The Mammoth Book of Bizarre Crimes by Robin Odell
- The Covenant by Beverly Lewis
- Midnight Never Come by Marie Brennan
- The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason
- On the Head of a Pin by Mary Beth Miller
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- And THOSE are all the books I got at the library bag sale! Ridiculous, right?! I ended up grabbing some random things that I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever read (like that vampire book), but they sounded interesting enough that I threw them in my bag anyway since it didn’t cost anything extra. Several of these were books or authors who I’d been wanting to read for awhile so this trip was definitely a huge success.
- The Silent Songbird by Melanie Dickerson
- All Fall Down by Ally Carter
- Alex and Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe
- It Started with Goodbye by Christina June
- Here are the giveaway books I mentioned. I entered because I really wanted to have my own copy of URTS (one of my favorite books ever) and because I really wanted Scythe and A List of Cages. At the time, I did not realize Carve the Mark was included. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with that because quite honestly, I have no desire whatsoever to read it, but it’s also a signed copy and Divergent remains one of my favorite series so I’m torn as to whether it’s worth keeping just for the signature. But I’m in no rush to decide what to do, truthfully.
- Station Fosaan by Dee Garretson
- This is a book I received from the author to review. It’s a YA dystopian a.k.a. I should love it. I’m planning on reading this within the next couple weeks so keep an eye out for my review!
- White Fur by Jardine Libaire
- I won this in a giveaway from Read It Forward. No clue when I’ll get to it, though!
Honestly, I think there might actually be a couple more books that I’m forgetting. I told you my haul for May and June was absurd.
I thought I did better with eBooks, but after putting this list together, I guess not… hahaha.
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
- Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak
- The Tiger’s Watch by Julia Ember
- The Big F by Maggie Ann Martin
- Don’t Write It Down by C.E. Wilson
- Girl on the Verge by Pintip Dunn
- These are the few eBooks I received to review during May and June. I’ve been trying not to request too many as I want to read some of the books I actually have (a wild concept, I know). I’ve already read the last two, but I’m looking forward to reading the others.
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King
- Devoted by Alison R. Solomon
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass: An American Slave by Frederick Douglass
- A Death’s Awakening by C.E. Wilson
- A Forbidden Rumspringa by Keira Andrews
- Lost in Arcadia by Sean Gandert
- The Paths We Choose by M. Hollis
- Allies and Enemies: Fallen by Amy J. Murphy
- The Boss by Abigail Barnette
- A Dance of Dragons series starter bundle by Kaitlyn Davis
- Grounded by G. P. Ching
- The Society by Jodie Andrefski
- The Institution by Dylan Steel
The rest were all Kindle freebies with maybe one or two thrown in there that I paid $1-2 for. I do think I’m getting at least a little bit better at resisting those, but clearly not by much, hahaha.
Once again, my recent book hauls were absolutely out of control. My physical book hauls should be significantly smaller at least for this month now that the library sales are over and I’m still unemployed and can’t afford to pay full price for books right now, haha.