Hello, everyone! Happy April! I decided to stick my usual Saturday tag instead of going into my monthly wrap-ups/TBR stuff, mostly because I’m feeling lazy lately and this is easier to put together than those would be, haha. I was tagged to do the Liebster Award by KLILbooKlovers back at the end of February. Thanks again for the tag!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
2. Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1. Have you ever read a book that made you cry? What was it?
Oh, definitely! There’ve been a few. The first one that ever made me cry was a Nicholas Sparks book, but I’m forgetting which one. Maybe The Notebook? The Edge of Juniper by Lora Richardson made me bawl my eyes out. A couple of others that have made me cry are Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall and The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
2. What do you eat or drink while you read or write?
Most of the time when I’m reading, I don’t eat or drink anything because I’m too afraid to get my book dirty or wet, haha. Sometimes I’ll have coffee or popcorn though (depending on what time of day it is). Writing blog posts, I’m usually am pretty much the same.
3. If you were in charge of making a soundtrack for a movie adaptation of a book, what songs would you choose, and which book would it be?
Okay, I’ve really been trying to think of something for this and I’m just not having very much success, hahaha. I’ll be honest, I don’t listen to much music unless I’m in a car (which I rarely am since I go to school in Boston where cars are pointless), so coming up with a soundtrack is so hard. Forgive me.
4. What is one thing about book blogging you love and one thing you wish could be improved?
One thing I love: the community! Generally speaking, the book blogging community is really welcoming, friendly, and fun & easy to talk to.
One thing that could be improved: time! I wish that I not only had more time to read, but that I could find a way to keep writing the posts I want to write without spending so much time doing it.
5. What book is your most anticipated book that is releasing or has been released in 2017?
Well, my most anticipated book releasing this year was The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Out of the books that have yet to be released, I’m probably most looking forward to Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy.
6. Out of all the books in your collection, which one do you prize the most?
There are a few. I have the collector’s editions of all three of the Divergent books which I love. But I also have this pretty old copy of Wuthering Heights which is gorgeous (I wish I had a picture, but unfortunately, I don’t).
7. Who is an author that lives in your state (or country if outside the US) that you love his or her books or are looking forward to reading?
Suzanne Collins, hands down! I always forget that she lives in Connecticut, but god, I love her and her books.
8. If you could travel back in time to meet any author and ask that person one question, who would it be and what would you ask?
Hmmm, I’ll be honest, there aren’t many classics that I’ve read and enjoyed so it’s hard to think of an author to travel back in time to meet. Maybe Emily Bronte? Since I mentioned Wuthering Heights, she’s the first one that comes to mind, haha. I’m not sure exactly what I’d ask, but it’d definitely be something about her life as a woman during the 1800s.
9. Who are some bloggers that you’d like to meet in person?
Literally any of the bloggers who I follow! Meeting any of you would be so amazing and I swear I will one of these days.
10. Do you have a favorite musical? What is it, and what are some of your favorite songs?
Cats! Admittedly, this is my answer for the sole reason that I was absolutely obsessed with this musical as a kid and so even though I haven’t seen it in years, it’s still my go-to answer. I even still have a recording of it on VHS (which I now really want to watch…). Some of my favorite songs are Jellicle Songs and The Rum Tum Tugger. This seriously has me feeling so nostalgic now.
11. If you could live in any book world for a year, which book would you transport yourself to?
I’m going to be totally cliche and say Harry Potter. Because what other answer could I possibly have for this? 😉
Continuing my theme of being ridiculously lazy, I’m going to skip nominating anyone this time. If anyone wants to do this, feel free to answer the same questions that I did!