We’re already a few days into March, but I still can’t believe how quickly February passed by. I think it seemed to go by so fast because I’ve had a lot of homework to do and didn’t really have a lot of time to myself. 😛 March will probably be a lot of the same, truthfully.
Books I Read
That’s it! I only read 2 books this month which is pretty pathetic for me. This is the lowest number of books I’ve read in one month since before I started blogging in January 2016 so I wasn’t very happy with this. During the second half of the month, I was in a reading slump so honestly, this isn’t really surprising. But it’s still disappointing. Luckily, the two books I did manage to get through this month were both really good reads. Homegoing was a four-star read for me and By the Icy Wild was a four and a half. So I guess I can’t be too disappointed.
I set a goal to read 50 books this year and I’ve now completed 9 books. That puts me 1 book ahead of schedule. 9/50
Beat the Backlist Challenge
Homegoing was released in 2016 which means that it can count for this challenge. I’m doing pretty well with this challenge so far. 6/20
Book Riot’s Read Harder Challenge
Even though I haven’t been focusing too much on this challenge, I have managed to get another book done for this. I’m using Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi for “book wherein all POV characters are people of color.” 2/25
Read More Classics, Nonfiction, and Longer Books
I set a personal goal to read 5 books in each of those categories. And I still haven’t read any. 0/15
Read Diverse 2017 Challenge
Even though I only read two books in February, one of those is written by a woman of color (and is about people of color). I’m pretty happy with that, honestly. 4/12
The end of February also marks the end of the winter bookish bingo. I got 2 bingos this time around which isn’t too bad. I probably would’ve been able to get at least one or two more if I had read more books in February.
Other Things I Posted
Despite not reading very much this month, I still posted a lot!
- I did a few tags/awards this month including the Mystery Blogger Award, the Get To Know Me tag, the Valentine’s Day book tag, and the Versatile Blogger Award.
- To help celebrate Black History Month, I did a weekly feature of some books by Black authors. I featured adult fiction, non-fiction, YA books, and memoirs.
- I posted a couple of reviews of books I read in January including We Should All Be Feminists and The Bone Witch.
- I also participated in Teaser Tuesday for the first time in awhile. I shared a teaser from The Bone Witch.
- I asked whether we over-simplify morally ambiguous characters.
- I also did Top Ten Tuesday a couple of times and talked about some of my favorite YA romances and books I liked more/less than I thought I would.
- I talked about why I like reading negative reviews of books that I loved.
- I also did a Top 5 Wednesday post about books that might help you out of a reading slump.Top 5 Wednesday post about books that might help you out of a reading slump.
- I looked back on 10 series that I need to finish.
- I pointed out potential problems with backlist LGBTQIAP books and why you might want to be careful when you recommend them.
- I also posted about Shattering Truths by Kyrian Lyndon which I definitely want to read ASAP!