Alright, so I was tagged by quite a few people to do this tag. Thank you so much to Lindsey, Joana, and Lauren for the tags! I feel like there might have actually been a fourth person who tagged me, but I can’t find it so I’m maybe making that up, haha. This tag was created by Okoto Enigma. Anyway, here are the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people.There’s no way I’m nominating this many people, sorry.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post(s).
Facts about Myself
- I’m obsessed with primates, especially bonobos and chimpanzees. (I feel like I’ve used this fact before but I don’t care.)
- I’m also obsessed with Parks and Recreation. I’ve watched the whole series multiple times now and still laugh hysterically at every episode.
- I’m a huge sucker for beautiful book covers. If it’s a library book, half of the time I won’t even look into the book (read the blurb, check GR, etc.) before grabbing it if it has a nice cover. (I’m a little pickier when it comes to spending money, haha.)
Optional fourth fact: I’m terrible at coming up with facts about myself. That took me twenty minutes.
What’s your favorite kind of post to write?
I really honestly love putting together lists. Whether they’re Top Ten Tuesday posts, recommendation posts, me talking about random books on my TBR, etc., I love writing them. They’re fun and not too mentally demanding. 😉
What’s the strangest/most unique place you’ve ever read a book?
I honestly have no idea?? I don’t think I’ve ever read a book in a strange place, tbh. Unless you count the car, haha.
What’s a bookish/blogging goal you have for next year?
Reading more diversely is my #1 goal for this year and so far, I’ve been doing quite well! February’s TBR is great for this goal too.
Which setting would you choose to live in: dystopian or fantasy? And why?
Fantasy. 1.) I’m already living in a dystopian world and 2.) if it was a fantasy world, at least I’d get to see some cool stuff like dragons, maybe.
You’re in the Hunger Games (district style where two can live), who would you pick as your partner? It can be a character from any book/series.
My first instinct is to go with Lila Bard from the Shades of Magic series but I’m not totally convinced she’d be willing to help me out. I’m gonna go with Lila anyway because she’s badass.
What was the best vacation you ever had?
The only one I’ve ever been on (that I was old enough to remember, anyway) is my trip to Disney World a few years ago. It was a lot of fun though and I’d love to go back.
What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
Cheap Thrills by Sia. I absolutely love that song and it always gets me so hyped up, haha.
What are the things you always take with you?
Hmm. My water bottle and a book and my ID/keys so I can get back into my dorm. 🙂
What’s your favourite word?
I don’t really have one? Truthfully the first word that comes to mind is rather vulgar and I try to keep this blog PG-13 so I’ll just… not answer this one. For the children.
Weird: What’s the first thing you thought about this morning?
This dream I had (and keep having)! Long story short, I keep dreaming that I’m dating this (admittedly incredibly cute) guy I used to work with. It keeps happening and it’s getting a little annoying and weird honestly, hahaha.
A series that you hope to start or finish this year?
Hmmm, there are a few options I could go with here. I’d like to finish the Shades of Magic series since the final book comes out in a few weeks. But I’d also like to start quite a few really popular series like Throne of Glass or The Mortal Instruments.
Current favourite song?
Shape of You by Ed Sheeran. Because I love Ed Sheeran. A lot.
ONE upcoming release that you could read right now if you had the chance?
My immediate response is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I know y’all are probably sick of me talking about this book already, but I don’t care, haha.
What was your most recent 5 star read?
Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall! Such an absolutely fantastic book.
FUN/WEIRD Question: You’ve instantly taken the place of the main character in the book you’re currently reading/last read. How screwed are you?
This is kind of hard to answer since I’m reading Homegoing and the main character changes every chapter. If I go with the chapter I’m currently reading, I’m very screwed since she’s a slave in the Southern US…
As usual, I’m tagging a few of my more recent followers. If any of you don’t want to do this, no worries! 🙂
- What’s your favorite book that you’ve read so far this year?
- If you had to choose one genre to never read again, which would you choose?
- What’s a popular book that you read and didn’t like?
- What book would you make required reading for everyone?
- Weird: Sum up your thoughts about books in one gif/picture. (I’m not quite sure this is weird, but just go with it.)