In a totally shocking twist (for absolutely no one), I ended up with quite a huge book haul during January. During the last half of the month I really didn’t acquire many books, but since I still spent a lot of the first half out shopping with Christmas money, it’s still a pretty big haul. Quite a few of these are books I’ve been wanting to read for awhile, though, so it’s nice to finally have them.
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- Mindblind by Jennifer Roy
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
- Ghostly by Audrey Niffenegger
- Sofia Khan Is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik
- Emma by Jane Austen
- A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
- The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
Most of these were from a trip to the thrift store where I always feel obliged to buy 5 books because if you do, you get one free. That’s where I picked up A Feast For Crows which I got despite only having the first book and not having read it yet. But hey, when you have a chance to grab a super popular book for $2, you do it. Sofia Khan Is Not Obliged was actually part of my big Amazon order from December, but didn’t arrive until a couple of days into January. As a side note… isn’t that cover of Emma ridiculously cute?!
- The Girl Who Escaped ISIS by Farida Khalif
- The Haunted House by Walter Hubbell
- In the Shadow of Lakecrest by Elizabeth Blackwell
- Under Ground by Alice Rachel
- The Terranauts by T.C. Boyle
- Clara in America by Lacey London
- Bend Me, Break Me by Chelsea M. Cameron
- Sexiest Man Alive by M. Clarke
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Raven by Aderyn Wood
- Corrupt Me by Jillian Quinn
- Meet Clara Morgan by Lacey London
- Sluts by Christine Stockton
- The Melody of You and Me by Maria Hollis
- The Devil’s Fool by Rachel McClellan
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- By the Icy Wild by Everly Frost
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
Most of these I ended up downloading for free. I think the only exceptions were The Terranauts, Bend Me, Break Me, and Corrupt Me. I was super lucky and won a giveaway of And I Darken which I’m really excited about since I’ve been wanting to read that book for months. The last three are all review copies I’ve gotten and a couple of them are on this month’s TBR. I’m so excited about a lot of these books and I’m really hoping I’ll get to at least some of these soon!
So there you have it! As usual, I acquired way too many books this month. Now that I’m on a book buying ban to save myself some money (and now that I’ve spent all my Christmas money…), my book hauls shouldn’t have nearly as many books in them for awhile. Well, unless I go overboard on Kindle freebies which is still a possibility, haha.