After having a pretty small book haul in November, I more than made it up for it in December. Although I only got a couple of books as actual Christmas gifts, I ended up buying quite a few books with Christmas money. And then, as always, there are all the ebooks… Once I’m back at school (and not free to do whatever all day aka free to shop all day), I think I’m going to be placing myself back on a book buying ban for a couple of months, not including the few books I have pre-ordered right now. I really want to stop spending so much money on books and also get the chance to actually make a dent in the pile of books I’ve bought. Anyway, let’s get on to actually showing you all what I got!
Sooo we can already see that I bought an absurd amount of books, yes? hahaha Anyway, I know the picture is a bit hard to read for a few titles, so here’s a full list:
- 1001 Ideas That Changed the Way We Think by Robert Arp
- Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
- Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey
- You by Caroline Kepnes
- I remember several months ago seeing a few bloggers raving about this and it’s been on my radar ever since. Finally bought it and I’m excited!
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- Bad Boy by Elliot Wake
- I won this ARC from the author’s Twitter giveaway and I’m kind of conflicted now because although I was originally super excited to read a book by a trans author about a trans MC, it recently was pointed out that Wake’s pretty racist and constantly starting arguments with and blocking women of color, black women particularly, on Twitter.
- The Forgotten Girls by Sarah Blaedel
- The 100: Day 21 by Kass Morgan
- The 100: Homecoming by Kass Morgan
- The 100: Rebellion by Kass Morgan
- I read the first book in this series towards the end of 2015 and I really enjoyed it and have been meaning to pick up the rest of the series. So I finally bought the other three books with Amazon gift cards I got for Christmas. 🙂
- The Republic of Pirates by Colin Woodard
- Under the Black Flag by David Cordingly
- These two pirate books were the two books my older brother and my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. Pretty excited about these! I took a class last semester on the history of piracy which has me wanting to learn more about piracy (especially in a non-academic setting where there’s no pressure re: exams, papers, etc.).
- The Other Widow by Susan Crawford
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- Timekeeper by Tara Sim
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- This was the OwlCrate book for December and I’m so excited!! I really can’t wait to dive into this one.
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
- I borrowed this book from the library over the summer and absolutely loved it so when I saw a copy (at a very low price), I couldn’t resist buying my own.
- Althea & Oliver by Cristina Moracho
- I’ve seen a lot of mixed and not-so-great things about this book, but it was only about $2, so I grabbed it anyway. Hopefully, I’ll like it!
- So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti
- You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- Like Us: Encounters with Primates by Thomas Marent and Fritz Jantschke
- Very confused as to why Goodreads has the wrong title listed, but okay haha A lot of you probably know about my obsession with primates by now, so you’ll understand that I couldn’t resist buying this (especially since it was only $8!). Just from flipping through the pages, I noticed a couple of mistakes (like calling gibbons great apes… They’re not.), but I still really like the pictures and everything so I’m happy with my purchase. 🙂
- Empath by S. Usher Evans
- I won this in (another) Twitter giveaway and I’m quite excited. I’ve been wanting to read something from this author for awhile.
- The Missing by Caroline Eriksson
- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Clara Claus by Alexandra Lanc
- The Ripple Trilogy by Cidney Swanson
- The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
- Matchsticks and Candy Canes by C.E. Wilson and Mary Dublin
- The Woodlands by Lauren Nicolle Taylor
- Meet Clara Andrews by Lacey London
- Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes
- Shadows of the Forest by Emma Michaels
- This is a review copy that I got from Xpresso Book Tours. It actually has pretty low ratings on Goodreads, but I’m hoping I’ll enjoy it anyway. If not, it’s less than 200 pages so it’s not like it’ll be a huge time commitment or anything. Fingers crossed I end up enjoying it. 🙂
So, as I mentioned at the start of this post, I got a ton of books in December. Once I’m back at school in a couple of weeks, I will be putting myself back on a book buying ban until I’ve gotten through a bunch of the books I own. With any luck, that’ll help me cut down my TBR at least a little bit. 🙂