As you may or may not know, I’m currently on a book buying ban (sort of). After having several months of massive hauls, I decided I needed to give my wallet a break. I still got my OwlCrate this month and got a decent amount of free ebooks as well as a couple of books for review. But I’ve been doing a great job of sticking to my book buying ban and not making myself go bankrupt, so yay me! 🙂 Of course, Christmas shopping has made my bank account get emptier and emptier, but hey. There’s only so much I can do 😛 Anyway, let’s get on with talking about my November book haul!
Because I haven’t been allowing myself to spend money on books, I only got 2 physical books this month. One was my OwlCrate book and the other was a book from Blogging for Books.
I meant to take a picture of these together and to take a picture of the OwlCrate Heartless exclusive cover, but I totally forgot. And I left Heartless at my family’s house during Thanksgiving break so I don’t have it with me to do it now. Oh well. 😛 I’ve already Heartless (since I got an ARC from NetGalley) and loved it although I’ve been seeing some mixed reviews. I’m really excited to have The Sun is Also a Star and I’m hoping to read that this month. I got it from Blogging for Books. I was surprised by how easy it is to get a book from them and was even more surprised to get a hardcover! I thought it would be an ARC so that was a very pleasant surprise. 🙂
- Beneath the Guarding Stars by Everly Frost
- I’m so excited for this!! This is the sequel to Beyond the Ever Reach (which I read when it was published as Fear My Mortality) which I looooved. So I was thrilled when Everly asked me if I’d like to review this. 🙂
- Daughter of Nothing by Eric Kent Edstrom
- Before Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
- This is a novella (I think?) for a series that I haven’t read yet, but since it was free and I do have the series on my TBR, I grabbed it anyway.
- A Yorkshire Christmas by Kate Hewitt
- I know I talked about this at the beginning of the month for my Countdown to Christmas feature. I grabbed this because it was free and seems like a cute Christmas story. 🙂
- Last Resort by Jill Sanders
- Snow & Ash: Endless Winter by Theresa Shaver
- The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland by Rebekah Crane
- The Bionics by Alicia Michaels
- Miss Kane’s Christmas by Caroline Mickelson
- Desperation by C.B. Stone
- Salsa Nocturna by Daniel Jose Older
- I was lucky enough to win this in a Twitter giveaway from Eric Smith! I was pretty excited as I’ve heard great things about Older’s books (although I have yet to read any of them, despite having had Shadowshaper for a couple of months now…).
- Clara at Christmas by Lacey London
- This isn’t the first book in the series, but it was free and the author said it could be read as a standalone so… I couldn’t resist.
- Streetlights Like Fireworks by David Pandolfe
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Dark Desires by Eve Silver
- Davenport House by Marie Silk
- I fully admit that about 90% of the reason why I bought this is because it has the same exact model/pose on the cover as The Requiem Red which I recognize is a weird reason to get a book, but shh.
- Blossom and the Beast by RS McCoy
- I was subscribed to this author’s newsletter for awhile and really wanted to read this book. Luckily it was up for free so I could grab it.
Clearly, I still have a problem when it comes to grabbing free ebooks… I’m not really all that upset with myself though since I still managed not to spend money on books, which was the main reason for me putting myself on a book buying ban. 😛 I’m impressed that I still managed to haul some good books this month!