November just started like two days ago, didn’t it? How on earth is already over? I can’t complain, though. The end of November means the end of this semester is even closer and so is Christmas (my favorite holiday!). I just need to make it through the next two weeks and then I will have a few weeks to actually relax! And wow, do I need that. Anyway, let’s get into my actual wrap-up, shall we?
Books I Read
This month was pretty pathetic (at least in my terms). I only read three books! That’s the smallest amount of books I’ve read in one month all year. But, given how much schoolwork I’ve had to do, I can’t say I’m surprised. Luckily, I enjoyed all three.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (4/5 stars)
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova (4/5 stars)
- Through a Window by Jane Goodall (4/5 stars)
These were all pretty good reads. I think my favorite was probably Everything, Everything. I also probably would have gotten through at least another one or two books if I hadn’t read Through a Window, but oh well. Nonfiction just takes me so long to read. I had to read it for class though and I’m glad I did because it was a good book.
Other Things I Posted
I did have a pretty productive blogging month overall, even if my reading was lacking a bit. Here are all of the other things I posted throughout November.
- I, of course, posted my October book haul (which then made me put myself on a book buying ban).
- I did a few tags/awards, including the Book Blogger Insider tag, the Entertainer Blogger award, the Literary Questions tag, and the Celebrating the Little Things tag.
- I started doing my Countdown to Christmas feature where I mention a Christmas-themed book on my TBR and so far there are weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4 to catch up on.
- I did a Top Ten Tuesday post highlighting ten books I had recently added to my TBR.
- I questioned whether character deaths need to be meaningful.
- I listed four WWII historical fiction books that should be on your TBR (although given recent events, I kind of want to take Front Lines off…).
- I did a few Teaser Tuesdays featuring Labyrinth Lost and The Diabolic.
- I gave some (sarcastic) advice on how to balance school and blogging.
- I participated in Top 5 Wednesday and talked about some books that I’d like to re-read.
- To celebrate Thanksgiving, I talked about why I’m thankful for the book blogging community.
- I also highlighted some December releases I’m looking forward to.
I reached 300 followers at the beginning of the month. I think it was literally like the 1st or 2nd of the month. That was pretty exciting for me. 🙂
November also marks the end of the Fall Bookish Bingo which was a huge fail for me hahaha I didn’t get a single Bingo, although I did come very close in a couple of spots. I think this is just because the past few months have been pretty slow reading months for me. I’m hoping I’ll do better with the Winter Bingo. Here are the original and completed cards:
November has been a frustrating month reading-wise and school-wise so I can’t say I’m sad to see it go. I’m looking forward to December, especially since I should have some time to relax and hopefully get some reading done once the semester ends. This semester has been a really stressful one and I can’t wait for it to be over!
How was November for you?