Now that I’m back at school, time is really flying by. I feel like it was just Labor Day weekend and I was moving in, but now it’s October and the semester is in full swing (aka I’m drowning in work). Despite being back at school, I was still able to stay active on the blog and to get a decent amount of reading done.
- The Forgotten: Aten’s Last Queen by J. Lynn Else (3/5 stars)
- The Edge of Juniper by Lora Richardson (5/5 stars)
- Revenants: The Odyssey Home by Scott Kauffman (3.5/5 stars)
- Nemesis by Anna Banks (4.5/5 stars)
- Untitled Beauty by C.E. Wilson (3.5/5 stars)
5 books while having schoolwork to do as well is pretty good, if you ask me. I also started a 6th, Initiate by Laura L Fox, but didn’t get very far so that’ll be finished in October. My favorite read this month was The Edge of Juniper, but Nemesis is a close second. Two very different books, but both were great reads that I had a hard time putting them down. Be sure to check out my reviews!
Other Things I Posted
- I posted about false college expectations that I got from reading.
- I also talked about what makes me feel intimidated by a book.
- I did a couple of Top Ten Tuesdays: one about TV shows I want to watch that are based on books and another on audiobooks I want to listen to.
- I discussed the different reasons why I like to read.
- I talked about the books I’ve been assigned this semester that I’m looking forward to reading.
- I explained how my reading habits have been affected by blogging.
- I listed a few subscription boxes that I’d really like to try (and then subscribed to one of them…).
- I begged people to stop lecturing me for buying my books on Amazon.
- I went to the Boston Teen Author Festival and posted a recap of the event.
- I talked about the October releases that I’m most looking forward to.
Just a couple of other things to mention here.
First of all, I finished my Goodreads challenge! At the beginning of the year I set a goal to read 50 books this year and my total count is currently sitting at 52. 🙂 I’m pretty surprised that I finished it so early in the year, but I guess that’s what book blogging does to your reading. 😉
Secondly, I GOT BLURBED ON AMAZON. This was so, so exciting. After I posted a 5-star review of The Edge of Juniper, Lora emailed me and asked if she could take a quote from my review and put it on Amazon. Of course, I said yes!! This was so exciting for me. It was one of those moments where I felt like a “real” book blogger, if you know what I mean. 😛 Here’s the link if you want to see it for yourself – just scroll down to the editorial reviews section.
That’s all I’ve got for this month! Hopefully, October will be a good month as well and full of creepy reads for the Halloween Readathon that I’ll be doing (TBR to come soon!!).