I did the Liebster Award a few months ago, but was tagged for it again by Melissa @ booknerdmomo and since I’ve gained a lot of followers since the last time I did it, I decided that I’ll go ahead and do it a second time. 🙂 Plus the questions this round will be different anyway, since I was tagged by another person. Thanks for tagging me, Melissa!
Just as a side note… I have a little over 200 followers now that I waited so long to do this hahaha But I’m doing it anyway!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
What’s your favorite genre and why?
This is hard to answer because I kind of go through different phases of having a favorite genre. Right now, I think it might be historical fiction or thrillers. I’ve always been a fan of historical fiction, but I feel like I’ve been really into recently. As for thrillers, I’ve read very few but I’ve been craving them for the past few weeks.
What female character do you admire the most?
THIS IS SO HARD. To avoid having to make any real decision, I’m going to be a bit cliche and say Hermione. She’s so dedicated to her studies (she doesn’t let Ron and Harry sidetrack her) and she’s also a complete badass. Seriously, Ron and Harry wouldn’t have made it out of Hogwarts alive if it weren’t for her.
Who is your favorite author?
This may sound kind of weird, but I don’t know if I actually have one. I don’t pay a whole lot of attention to authors. I pay more attention to genre. But some authors whose books I have enjoyed a lot are Veronica Roth (so excited for Carve the Mark btw!), Jodi Picoult, and Ellen Hopkins.
What is your all time favorite quote? Why?
Are we talking just quotes from books? Or any quote? I’ll go with a book quote. This is another thing I don’t pay a ton of attention to. Well I guess I kind of do now since I try to include 1-2 quotes in my book reviews. But anyway.
I could probably pull about a hundred quotes from Harry Potter, but I have a soft spot for this one: “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” It’s just so damn true. How you treat people who are seen as inferior to you says everything about what kind of person you are.
What is your favorite thing about a bookstore? Besides the books.
I think just knowing that I’m surrounded by people who love books! Most of the people I know in real life don’t really like to read (not that I really care; to each their own) so it’s nice to be around people who do.
What is your favorite song at the moment?
I’m going to go with Never Be Like You by Flume featuring Kai. I have had this song stuck in my head for over a week because I just love it.
Which book do you feel like you have a completely different opinion that isn’t the opinion most people have of it?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth! Such an easy question hahaha I loved this book! I thought the ending was perfect and made a lot of sense, despite how heartbreaking it was.
Which movie adaptation of a book have you seen but haven’t read the book for?
The Help. I bought the book a month or two ago at a thrift shop because I actually really love the movie and so I want to read the book. I’ve also seen The Time-Traveler’s Wife but haven’t read it, although I may some day.
What’s your current favorite tv show?
You’re killing me with these difficult questions hahaha Parks and Recreation will always be my #1, even though it ended. As for shows that are still going, I’d probably go with either Once Upon a Time, Criminal Minds, or How To Get Away With Murder.
If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what book would that be?
I’m at a complete loss here. Only one book for the rest of my life?! I just can’t choose one.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
100% my favorite thing is getting to talk to so many people about books! Like I mentioned before, not many people I know in real life like to read so having this community to talk to people who not only like to read, but also like to read similar books as I do, is really great.
Those were tough questions! Holy crap. Onto facts about me which will not be any easier haha
- I go to school at Boston University (does this even count as a random fact? I think this is right on my about page. Too bad.).
- I have an obsession with primates. I love them. Jane Goodall has lived my ideal life.
- This is really embarrassing and I can’t believe I’m actually putting this on my blog but I am also obsessed with the game Style Savvy: Trendsetters and its sequel Style Savvy: Fashion Forward. I’m pretty sure they’re meant for like 10-year-olds but I DON’T CARE. They’re so fun.
- I’m trying to get into audiobooks right now. I’ve never listened to them before, but I figured why not start? I do a lot of walking while I’m at school, so it’s the perfect time to listen to a book.
- Over the summer, I became completely addicted to coffee. I used to drink it maybe once a week and now I have at least a cup a day, often 2.
- I’m already starting to put together reading goals for 2017. The main one I have so far is trying to read more diversely. That’s a really vague/broad goal, though, so I’m going to try to split it up into smaller, more specific ones.
- I kind of want to start a bullet journal, mainly for reading/blogging purposes, but I have no idea if I’d stick with it past 2 days.
- I met Ed Sheeran back in 2013. He’s seriously one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life. (I’m pretty sure I’ve used this fact before because I love to brag about this ;))
- I have a problem when it comes to buying pens. I can’t stop myself. I probably have enough pens to last me the rest of my life buy I keep buying more. (Same thing with books, but that’s a bit predictable, isn’t it?)
- I’m a sucker for oversized sweaters. I firmly believe there is nothing more comfortable.
- I’d love to one day publish a book, but every time I’ve tried to write one, I’ve gotten around 500 words in and then abandoned it. Oops.
I’m so bad at coming up with facts about myself! This took me like half an hour hahaha
Okay now for my questions for my nominees:
- What’s the last book that you bought?
- 2016 only has a few months left. What’s your most anticipated book release for the rest of the year?
- If you could require everyone to read one book, which would it be?
- What has been the most challenging part of blogging for you?
- If you could have lunch with any character, who would you choose?
- How often do you DNF books?
- Where do you buy most of your books?
- Would you ever get a book-themed tattoo?
- If you could sign up to receive all future releases from one author for free, which author would you choose?
- Do you read mostly new releases, backlist books, or a mix of both?
- What’s one book written by or featuring a PoC that you want to read? (This can be already out or an upcoming release!)
And finally, my nominees. I’m only going to tag a couple. Now I have NO idea who has under 200 followers. So if you have more than that and I tag you, please don’t be offended haha And if you’ve already done this or don’t want to do it, no hard feelings! 🙂