I was tagged I think around a month ago to do this, so it’s about time I actually got around to doing it haha I was tagged by the lovely megxnmarie – go check out her blog if you haven’t already!
What you have to do is put 30 characters’ names in a jar and then pull two out for each question and choose between the two characters who would be better for that situation. I was too lazy to write all the characters down and put them in a jar, so I just made a numbered list and put the numbers in a random number generator instead. 🙂
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
Alex from Beyond the Kingdoms by Chris Colfer and Ash from Ash by Malinda Lo.
Hands down I’d go with Alex. She’s super smart and would be a huge help.
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Alva Jane from Keep Sweet by Michelle Dominguez-Greene and Jason from Dark Matter by Blake Crouch.
Okay honestly I really can’t see Alva killing anyone but Jason, on the other hand, would definitely kill me if I was standing in his way of getting home so… I’d have to kill Jason first.
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
Solange from The Velvet Hours by Alyson Richman and Helen from The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman.
I’d probably go with Solange. She’s really sweet and also loves reading so we’d be a good match. 😉 Plus I honestly found Helen to be a bit boring, so…
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Starling from Witch Dance by Elizabeth Burgess and Angel from The Oleah Chronicles by Michelle Johnson.
Assuming that I’m close with both of these characters, I could see either one volunteering to take my place. I think Angel would be a bit more likely to though, so I’ll go with her.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Botille from The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry and Zander from The Oleah Chronicles by Michelle Johnson.
For the record, I’d be way too grossed out to eat another human being so I’d probably just let myself starve to death. But if I was going to kill one to eat, it would probably be Botille, as much as I love her. There’s just no way that I could fight and win against Zander. Nope.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
Mare from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and White from The Boy With Words by C.E. Wilson.
Mare definitely. First of all, she has her own powers. And second of all, she’d be able to help kick ass. As much as I do like White, I don’t think she’s good sidekick material.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Cassie from Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult and Lila from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.
Listen. Lila is not good at communication. She’s good at many things but communicating is not one of them. Bye, Lila (I’m sorry – I still love you).
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Josie from Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys or An from The Forgotten: Aten’s Last Queen by J. Lynn Else.
This is really hard because both characters are really compassionate. I think I’ll go with Josie though because she seems more emotionally available, whereas An kind of tries to hide emotions a lot of the time.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Skylar from The Descendent Prophecies by Mary Ting and Carrie from Just a Few Inches.
I can honestly see them both being pretty popular. I think I’d say Carrie though since she’s more outgoing and I think would have an easier time making friends.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Liberty from Dig Too Deep by Amy Allgeyer and Rosana from City Love by Susane Colasanti.
I don’t think either one is the kind of person who would forget someone’s birthday. At the same time though, Liberty is trying to save her town from having poisoned water and Rosana seems to focus a lot on schoolwork. So I could see either one being preoccupied and forgetting.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would most likely be?
Nat from There Once Were Stars by Melanie McFarlane and Ava from Fear My Mortality.
Neither one seems really charismatic and I don’t remember either one of them liking to read either (although I could be wrong)… So I’m going to cheat and say neither one of them would have a booktube.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Rogan from This is Me. by C.E. Wilson and Blue from The Raven Boys.
I really like both of these characters, but I’d probably go with Rogan. He’s really sweet and would probably spend the whole night making sure I was enjoying myself. Sorry Blue, maybe next time.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Willowdean from Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy and Rhy from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.
I’m dying from laughter right now. Anyone who has read ADSOM (and/or knows my love for Rhy) knows that Rhy would be my baby daddy.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Riley from Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin and Florian from Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys.
Florian would 100% ignore my text. It’s fine, I understand, Florian.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?!
Mason from The Descendant Prophecies by Mary Ting and Bodee from Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens.
Bodee’s a really caring guy who wants to be there for people, so he’d make a good replacement mom.
I’m going to tag a few of my newer followers to do this, but if you don’t want to or you’ve already done it, feel free to skip it! 🙂