Back in May, I set some goals for myself. I wanted to finally finish reading the books I took out from the library in May and I wanted to read ten books throughout the month. I did actually finish my May library books (and then proceeded to take out about ten more) but I didn’t even come close to ten books. Oh well. I’m going to set the same goal for myself in July and really try to complete that goal.
What did I actually do in June? I bought way too many books, as you can see from my June book haul post that went up earlier this morning. I bought 20 books and received a few others for free from giveaways. Holy crap. I also read 6 books:
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (4.5/5)
- From Gods by Mary Ting (4/5)
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys (5/5)
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (3.5/5)
- This is What I Did by Ann Dee Ellis (2.5/5)
- Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin (5/5)
I finally read (and really enjoyed) A Darker Shade of Magic which I had heard nothing but great things about. I just picked up the sequel, A Gathering of Shadows, at the library and will be reading that very soon. I found two new favorites as well: Out of the Easy and Symptoms of Being Human. Both were 5 star reads for me and were fantastic books. I highly recommend looking into them and seeing if they’re something you might enjoy reading.
I posted a few discussions this month too:
- Reviewing on Different Platforms
- Preferred Book Length
- What Makes You Pick Up a Book?
- Why We Don’t Need to Be Happy with Inaccurate Representation
I also posted a few various other things:
- 9 Series I Really Need To Read
- The Hunger Games Characters as Sims
- 5 Books on My TBR That I Really Should Read Soon
- Why I’m a Ruta Sepetys Fangirl
I hit a pretty exciting milestone too: I finally got 100 blog followers! That was pretty close to the beginning of the month and I’m glad I actually remembered to include it haha I’m still amazed that anyone cares about what I post. So thanks for being here 🙂
That’s about it for my June wrap-up! This is the final reminder that starting on July 9th, I will be participating in the Make Me Read It Readathon, where you vote in a poll to choose what book(s) I read! The poll is here – make sure to get your votes in before the 9th (and probably don’t bother voting for Symptoms of Being Human since I cheated and read that already haha).
If you posted a June wrap-up, leave a link in the comments!