- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award.
- Ask 10 questions to your nominees.
Questions from The Jouska:
Do you prefer home-cooked meals or take-out meals?
Definitely home-cooked! Don’t get me wrong, I love getting take-out too but since I spend the majority of the year eating dining hall food, there’s nothing that beats a home-cooked meal (especially something cooked by my mom) in my opinion.
What’s your favorite cuisine?
Mexican! I like Tex-Mex too, but nothing is better than authentic Mexican food. I could eat only enchiladas and quesadillas for the rest of my life and be 100% happy with that.
Do you have a pet? If yes, which animal do you have?
I do! I have a very cute and quite chubby guinea pig named Harmony.
Name any three countries you’re dying to visit.
Hmm I guess I’d go with France, Morocco, and Egypt.
If you could go see one 80s band/singer live in concert, who would it be?
I honestly really don’t like music from the 80s so I have no clue lmao
What’s your favorite clothing item?
I have this old blue Nike sweatshirt and I freaking love it so much.
What do you regret doing as a child or a teen?
Uhh I don’t know honestly. I’m sure there are plenty of things I regret, but I can’t think of any right now haha
What’s your best personality trait?
I’m very empathetic!
Do you prefer traveling alone or along with your family and friends?
I definitely prefer traveling with other people. I get really anxious when I have to go places alone, especially if I’m not familiar with wherever it is I’m going.
Are you more of an e-reader or traditional paperback reader?
Physical reader! I do love my Kindle but I still prefer reading physical copies.
Questions from BookNerdMomo
What’s your favorite genre and why?
This changes quite a bit but right now I’d say either historical fiction or fantasy. I love historical fiction because I like imagining what it’s like to live in different time periods and learning new things. Fantasy is also a ton of fun to read and it’s so much fun to imagine and read about all the different possibilities that fantasy brings into a story.
What female character do you admire the most?
There are a lot honestly, but I’ll be a bit cliche and go with Hermione from HP. Not only does she put up with a whole load of crap from Ron and Harry, but she stands up for what she believes in and always gives 100% to everything she does.
Who is your favorite author?
If I had to choose I’d probably go with Ruta Sepetys. I wrote a post yesterday about why I love her actually.
What is your all time favorite quote? Why?
…I’ve been trying to come up with one for quite some time and I’m failing.
What is your favorite thing about a bookstore? Besides the books.
Knowing that you’re surrounded by other people who also love books. 🙂 Most of the people I know IRL aren’t big readers, so I like being reminded that I’m not the only one who loves books haha
What is your favorite song at the moment?
Ride by Twenty One Pilots! I’m in the middle of a huge 21P obsession right now.
Which book do you feel like you have a completely different opinion that isn’t the opinion most people have of it?
This is a hard one! I tend to have pretty similar opinions of books as other people do… BUT I really liked Allegiant while most people hated it because of its ending. And while I of course was heartbroken by how it ended, I really thought it fit well with the story and characters.
Which movie adaptation of a book have you seen but haven’t read the book for?
The Help. I just bought the book at my library’s book sale though so I’ll read it sooner or later. I absolutely LOVED that movie so I had to get the book.
What’s your current favorite tv show?
Once Upon a Time! Captain Swan 4ever.
If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what book would that be?
Is this for real?! You’re killing me with these questions haha If I absolutely HAD to choose (I’m talking life or death here), I’d probably go with either Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys or Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Getting to interact with other people who love reading as much as I do! Like I said before, I don’t have many people to talk books with IRL except for my mom and little sister and neither one of them read as much as I do so it’s awesome to be able to talk to all of you about everything book-related!
10 Random Facts About Myself
- I’m thinking of trying to learn brush lettering. I love how it looks and I think it would be really fun to be able to write out my favorite book quotes and make them look all pretty.
- I’m way behind on my reading for this month! I wanted to read 10 books this month but that just isn’t happening haha I’m hoping to finish 5 but even that may not happen.
- I have no self-control when I go to the library, as can be seen in this old but still relevant library book haul post. There are just so many wonderful books I can take out and read!
- I have been taking f o r e v e r to read my current book, The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman. I have no idea why either. I’m really enjoying it but have just taken forever to read it.
- My town’s farmers market started this morning and I’m really excited about it! Fruit from the grocery store doesn’t even come close to fresh fruit from local farms. They didn’t have much yet, but once it gets later in the season they’re bound to have some great stuff.
- I got an ARC of Nemesis in the mail last week! I won a giveaway that Anna Banks did on Twitter. I’m trying to hold off on reading it until at least August so it’s closer to its publication date (Oct. 4) but it’s so tempting…
- At least once every two weeks or so I have a day where I’m just so overwhelmed by the thought of how many books exist in the world. I wish it were possible for me to read them all!
- My 6 month blogoversary is coming up on July 1st. I have no idea what I’m going to do to celebrate though. Maybe a Q&A?
- I’ve bought a ton of books this month and I’m definitely going to include my book haul in my June wrap-up. It’s so nice to be home for summer break and not have to buy things AND be working ~20 hours a week so I have lots of money to buy books with. 🙂
- I’ve fallen absolutely in love with CraftedVan‘s bookmarks. This month’s OwlCrate had a few of them and I loved them so I went and checked out their store and bought some cute little succulent bookmarks. I can’t wait to get them!
Feel free to ignore this if you’ve already done it (I’m sure some of you have) or just don’t want to do it! 🙂
- Theresa @ The Calico Books
- Sara @ Freadom Library
- Shameeka @ Shameeka’s Fictional World
- Priyanshi @ PreeHouse
- Kendra @ Reads and Treats
- Kirsty @ Kirsty & The Cat Read
- Jen @ Combustible Reviews
- Jananee @ Head in Her Books
- Annie @ The Misstery
- Eleanor @ Real Tasty Pages
- What is your most anticipated release for the rest of 2016?
- Who’s one book character that you really admire and/or wish you were more like?
- If you had to pair a song with the book(s) you’re currently reading, what would you choose?
- Have you ever been to a bookish event (ALA, BEA, book signing, etc.)? If so, what was your favorite thing about it?
- If you could create a panel about anything, what would it be about and who would you want to be a part of it?
- What’s one goal you hope to complete by the end of 2016 (if you have any)?
- Do you have a subscription to any book boxes? If so, which one(s)? If not, would you want to sign up for any?
- What’s your favorite summertime activity?
- When do you get the most reading done?
- What inspired you to start book blogging?