I know I said this last month, but I really can’t believe that the month is already over! February went by so quickly – probably at least partially because I had a lot of things going on this month with school.
I read 5 books this month (I was hoping to make it to 6, but it’s taking me too long to read Glass Sword, so that’s not happening) and I’ve linked to their reviews below.
- Black Five by J. Lynn Bailey
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (reread – no review)
- Broken Banners by Mark Gelineau and Joe King
- Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard
- Never Mind My Thigh Gap by Sarah Newton and Bronte Huskinson
Out of these, I enjoyed Red Queen the most. It’s one of my all-time favorites and I really loved rereading it because there were so many ironic moments and a lot of foreshadowing that I noticed this time that I hadn’t picked up on when I first read it. I’m not sure which of the books I would choose as my favorite “new read” – I liked them all about the same. None were perfect, but they all had a lot that I liked.
I also bought some books this month (even though I was supposed to be on a book buying ban… that didn’t work out too well) and downloaded a TON of ebooks that were available for free on Amazon.
Physical books I bought:
- Pirates! by Celia Rees
- Beautiful Decay by Sylvia Lewis
- I Am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
I’m not going to list all the ebooks I downloaded because there are sooo many (I checked and there are over 50, so I’ll spare you).
This was a pretty good bookish month for me, I think! How many and what books did you guys read this month?